Serving Western New York Since 1926
Sedam Tire was founded in 1926 by W. Glenn Sedam, grandfather of corporate owners Eric and John Miller. Originally a bean and grain dealer, the business expanded over the years to serve the needs of the community. Located at the busiest intersection in the village of Perry, the "Five Corners" was the hub of activity. A service station featuring Mobil gas and oil products along with complete auto service was long a mainstay of the area. During World War II, Richard Miller married Glenn's daughter and became a partner and owner, with 40 years of service to the company. Tire sales and service were always an important part of the business and, in 1953, Sedam opened a retread plant to complement new tire sales. Tires and related products were distributed to other dealers in western New York through the wholesale division.
As sales and service business continued to grow, it was obvious by the late 1980s that Sedam’s was outgrowing the "Five Corners" location. In 1991, W. Glenn Sedam’s grandsons, John and Eric, made the decision to move operations outside the village to the current location at 3165 Rt. 246. This gave the business a larger and more modern service facility, (12,000 sq. ft.) and office space with land to continue to grow. In 1999, Sedam Tire continued its expansion, building a new 30,000 square-foot warehouse that is home to the wholesale tire division.
Today, the farm and fleet tire service trucks keep customers up and running with 24-hour service. The retail store and service facility continue to offer complete auto and light truck service and repairs, and daily deliveries are made to wholesale accounts throughout western New York. In each of the three divisions, Sedam Tire continues to back its service and product with knowledgeable, professional, and courteous staff.